What is AAU?
AAU (Amateur Athletic Union) is a nationally recognized organization focused on improving players mental and physical approach to athletics.
Why choose The Wilmington Tigers Program?
The Wilmington Tigers is a preferred destination for players looking to advance their basketball abilities and situational IQ.
Many players who commit to our program have a higher tendency to fulfill their high school and collegiate aspirations. If you're serious about basketball, why go anywhere else?
Who can participate in AAU?
Boys and girls - ages 10-18 (grades 4th-12th)
How much does the program cost?
The price of a full Wilmington Tigers season is $600.00. This includes the following:
- Weekly practice
- Tournament fees
- Uniforms - Jersey and Shorts
Are there ways to help with season costs?
- Yes! The Wilmington Tigers board realizes that the season cost can be overwhelming, but we have ways to help with this.
- Team car washes
- Raffle tickets
- 50/50 vouchers
- We also provide an option for (3) payment installments over the course of the immediate season.
What is the duration of the season?
- Typically 5 months (tryouts are held in late January)
How do tournaments work?
- Each tournament is different and locations vary weekly. We look to stay within a maximum 2 hour drive from the Greater Wilmington area.
- Most tournaments have the teams playing 3-4 games on the weekend – 2 on Saturday and 1-2 on Sunday (depending on tournament bracket position).
- Games can start early in the morning (sometimes as early as 7:30 AM) and go on throughout the day.
- Games are split into (2) halves and range between 12-20 minutes.
- Just a reminder! Each tournament requires spectator entry fees.
How does playing time work?
- Playing time is based off of aspects such as, but not limited to:
- Practice participation
- Team performance